2014/01/12

Late Afternoon

We took these photos a while back on one of our late afternoon walks. When I look at them, I remember all sorts of details that seemed long forgotten and buried in the back of my mind. Isn't that why we take photographs of places? We don't capture moments, we rather encapsulate memories because our brains sometimes play tricks on us.


I love a rusty gate. This one against the backdrop of the deserted garden (there's also an abandoned mansion you can't quite see here) reminds me of that film with Ethan Hawke and Gwyneth Paltrow that was made after Dickens's Great Expectations.


This cute puppy was guarding a pile of books in one of the prettiest bookstores in Bucharest, the Bastilia bookstore


This amazing girl is a paste-up by the famous Berlin-based street artist El Bocho. Unfortunately, this work only lasted a couple of months on a street in the old town before it was covered in wall paint.


That eerie light just before it gets dark, when street bulbs get turned on but their presence is not necessary yet.


Cool lighting for a church in the old town whose name always eludes me. Love the pattern of the church walls against the cobbled stone on the street.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.