2014/01/28

Day into Night

It's been snowing like crazy over the past few days here in Bucharest so photo-taking has been scarce. Thankfully, I still have a ton to show you from when the streets were nice and dry and I can take my mind off the blizzard in the process. Win-win situation, right?

All of these photos were captured at various times throughout a night downtown, from late afternoon to after midnight.



This is an abandoned house dead in the middle of the city, watching over the Romana Square with its shattered façade, its tall gates that are sometimes open although nobody is ever to be seen on the premises and an eerie tree bent towards it. The ground is kind of burnt out and it houses all sorts of discarded objects and trash. I'm bound to show you the color version one of these days. 


Strangely enough, it seems as if there is no light bulb in this lamp post but actually there is.



Detail of a very beautiful building in the heart of the old town, currently home to the National Romanian Bank headquarters. I can't decide whether I prefer how it looks at night or during the day.



Detail of an interesting, massive statue that used to sit outside the Comedy Theatre but I think it's no longer there.


The street we usually take to the place where the magic happens on weekends. This bench directly faces the voivodal court, a tourist atraction that has something to do with Vlad the Impaler (otherwise known as Dracula) but I've never been curious enough to look into it more.

That's it for now. Another night, another photo series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment.